Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Journey!!

I am back!  
Sorry I haven't written anything in a long time.  To tell you the truth, writing intimidates me and so it's just a little scary and something I try to stay clear of.  Blogging though has been a desire of mine and today as my family had our devotion time, Holy Spirit spoke to me and said "Blog!"
So Here I am and I know with Him I can do it, He will help me.  Please forgive me if my grammar is incorrect, if I misspell things, or if it's not as exciting as others when they write, anyway here it goes!!!

The Lord has my family on a new Journey of listening and talking to Holy Spirit, the presence of God that lives and dwells within us.  He is real and desires to be friends with us, to talk to us, to teach us and most of all to Love and have fun with us.  He is here and will lead us to all good.  I have always believed in Holy Spirit and grew up being taught about Him, but I assumed He was only available when you were in an awesome Church Service or to rebuke you and tell you most definitely when you were bad, but other then that, good luck with it!   That is not at all it.

The more understanding of  the New Covenant of Grace that I receive, it shows me God in a new light, the Truth of what Jesus did and who He is, the price He paid, and when God says He will never leave us or forsake us, Heb 13:5. He will never!!!  Holy Spirit is here, so join us on our journey as we experience Him, talk with Him and listen to Him.

Here's what is going on... I am blessed to be able to home school my four children, they are in 7th, 5th, 2nd, and Kindergarten.  Over Christmas we were watching a movie called Holy Ghost, a documentary on Holy Spirit and it awakened something inside of me, something exciting.  As we were watching the movie a scripture reference popped up, Titus something and my son the 5th grader asked, "Mom what is Titus?" I thought to myself he's home schooled, I am a pastor and he don't know that Titus is a book in the bible, oh my, I thought.  Holy Spirit quickly spoke to me and said, this is your opportunity, this is why you home school, teach them Me and I'll teach them what they need to learn and more, Is 54:13
So it began and every morning the first thing we do is sit and read the bible, We are doing a plan read the bible in a year.  Then we pray together, which all this probably sounds a bit normal, a lot of families read their bible together and pray, but wait, next thing we do is we ask Holy Spirit to speak to us, to give us a word for our day, to tell us what He wants us to do today, to help us learn Him, be friends with Him.  We are teaching our children this , talk to Him, wait for Him to talk back, answer our question, be our Friend, lead us and guide us to all truth.  He is practical, He is not unreachable, if He wanted to be that He would of never created us and especially send His son to bring relationship back together with us.  

It has been amazing and He has given us all encouragement for each day.  My daughter the 7th grader got a word one day and it was the word 'take' a simple little word, didn't know what it meant but we encouraged her to receive it and don't think it's silly, Holy Spirit will show her.  Well we were about to leave and she needed allergy medicine, she had never taken a pill before, never being able to swallow one, I always had to give her liquid or chewable.  I said "Holy Spirit gave you the word take, maybe He's going to help you take your first pill today." She smiled and thought for a moment and said "okay!" Then, that day she took her first pill, Holy Spirit helped her and now she can swallow a pill.  It was confirmation to her that she can hear Holy Spirit speak to her.   It was fun and amazing, yet simple and sweet, don't complicate Him, He wants to be at our level too.

This is the journey we are on,  I am going to share with you the things that He shows us and teaches us, speaks to us, talks with us about.  Also,  The Truth of the Gospel of Grace, Jesus!  It's going to be a fun amazing time.  I pray as we learn and get to know Him, it will encourage you to want learn and get to know Him and talk with Him as well. 

Always, Have a Blessed and Favor Filled Day!!!

They say we only use 10% of our brain, could it be because we haven't allowed Holy Spirit to unlock the other 90%, just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Thought?